Immersion 25: Connection, Communication and Presence in the Embrace and the Body
Date: Thursday, August 24 – Sunday, August 27, 2017
Location: H95 Raum für Kultur, Horburgstrasse 95, 4057 Basel Switzerland
Level: Good intermediate to Advanced
Price: 390 CHF per person.
In this Immersion Seminar we will share our ideas and understanding about how we connect to and communicate with each other while dancing, both through the embrace and in the entire body.
We will explore:
- Different ways to establish a good connection
- Points of contact, pressure and release
- Ideas about posture and how to create a comfortable embrace
- Creating more “presence” in the body
- Transmitting energy, impulses and expression
- Reducing unnecessary tension or creating more tonus when needed
- Flow, accents, pauses, compact movements
- Body awareness and tools for integrating ideas in all of our dancing
Please note: Due to a concert in the house, on Friday we will begin and end one hour earlier than usual. During the 4 days, the schedule will be as follows:
16:30-18:30 Part 1 (2 hours)
18:30-20:30 Dinner Break (2 hours)
20:30-22:30 Part 2 (2 hours)
13:00-15:00 Part 1 (2 hours)
15:00-16:00 Mid-Afternoon Break (1 hour)
16:00-18:00 Part 2 (2 hours)
14:00-16:00 Part 1 (2 hours)
16:00-17:00 Mid-Afternoon Break (1 hour)
17:00-19:00 Part 2 (2 hours)
11:00-13:00 Part 1 (2 hours)
13:00-14:00 Lunch Break (1 hour)
14:00-16:00 Part 2 (2 hours)
For some recommendations, please see our list of hotels and B&Bs in Basel and just across the border in France and Germany. Basel is at the "Dreiländereck", the "Tripoint" where Switzerland, Germany and France meet.
Need a partner?
Visit our Find a Partner page to contact other dancers!
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? Find answers to common questions on the FAQ page.
How to register and pay: see our help page for a step-by-step guide.